About Cellucor P6 Black
Some supplements sound awesome right from the names they have. Unfortunately, not all that glimmers is gold even with a shiny chrome finish Cellucor’s P6 Black is just not as good as it looks.
Cellucor P6 Black is definitely a product that tries to separate itself from other testosterone supplements by adding a nootropic element to the mix. And it does so while using many high quality ingredients that boosts testosterone.
Everything sounds good so far but there’s a catch: they hide most of it under a prop blend. Prop blends make us question quality and dosages so while Cellucor displays a great ensemble of ingredients for body and brain, the lack of transparency prevents us from giving it the benefit of the doubt.
But let’s check it out anyway and let you judge it for yourself.
- Serving size: 3 capsules
- Serving per container: 30
- Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) – 1666 IU
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate) – 2 mg
- Magnesium (as D-Aspartic Acid Magnesium Chelate) 135 mg
- Zinc (as Zinc Monomethionine) – 30 mg
- Copper (as Copper Bis(Glycinate) Chelate) – 2mg
Nootropic Testosterone Matrix – 2105 mg
D-Aspartic Acid Magnesium Chelate, D-Serine, Alpha GPC (L-alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine), 3,3’-Diindolylmethane, Androstenolone
Vitamin & Mineral Support Blend – 191 mg
Zinc Monomethionine, Copper Bis(Glycinate) Chelate, Cholecalciferol, Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate
Androgen Support Matrix – 167 mg
Mucuna pruriens Seed Extract (standardized for L-Dihydroxyphenylalanine), Andrographis paniculata Aerial Parts Extract (standardized for Andrographolides content)
Gelatin, Vegetable Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Yellow #6
The formula looks like it has too many things going on for itself. Imagine trying to fit all those ingredients in one small capsule. You’ll surely end up compromising for dosages but at least Cellucor tried to give its customers all they could ask for.
Vitamin & Mineral Support Blend
This blend makes use of a potent combination of ZMA and D3. The copper is presumably added to make sure the zinc doesn’t inhibit copper absorption and cause a deficiency.
- Vitamin D. Great testosterone booster and the form is solid.
- Vitamin B6. Best form taken, it can double as a mood enhancer aside from boosting testosterone.
- Magnesium as DAA Magnesium Chelate. One of the best ingredients for boosting testosterone specially when combined with D-Aspartic Acid.
- Zinc. While Zinc citrate is better this form isn’t so bad too.
- Copper. Added to make sure the amount of zinc in P6 Black won’t inhibit copper absorption.
Nootropic Testosterone Matrix
- Alpha GPC. A really good focus enhancer and it also increases post-workout growth hormones.
- Diindolylmethane. An aromatase inhibitor or basically a testosterone to estrogen transformation stopper.
- Androstenolone. Supposedly a precursor to testosterone but generally needs more studies to confirm its use. It’s a great weight loss ingredient, though.
- D-Serine. Shows promise as a nootropic but requires large doses to work.
Androgen Support Matrix
- Mucuna Pruriens. A good testosterone booster that best works on infertile men much like Zinc.
- Andrographis Paniculata This is more of a treatment for the common cold and current research suggests its inability to boost testosterone.
From an innocent consumer’s perspective Cellucor P6 Black seems to be one great testosterone booster which also improves brain power. But due to lack of dosage transparency and questionable ingredients, while hinting most of being underdosed, you can then assume that this works but not as much as it promises.
It has great testosterone boosters such as D-Aspartic Acid, Vitamin D3, ZMA, Mucuna Pruriens which all come in their great forms. Its nootropic blend is home to familiar ingredients such as Alpha-GPC and D-Serine, both of which are clinically proven to work.
The only problem is the dosage and some of these ingredients require more than the sum of the total blend such as D-Serine which requires at least 2000 mg. They also withheld information regarding standardizations and not all standardizations are created equally.
Who should use it
Most ingredients work when you’re running low on testosterone so the best demographic would be men aged 30 and above. The nootropic benefit is also akin to those who don’t have the focus of a young man in his 20’s.
The usual suspects are acne, hair loss, irritability, and sometimes even bouts of aggressiveness. This is a product that works directly on hormones after all so it would be surprising if you did not have these side effects.
Pricing & Buying info
- 90 capsules (1 month): $99.99 at Amazon
Cellucor P6 Black Alternatives
Cellucor P6 Black is definitely a product that’s bound to work only if you’re deficient in testosterone already. Even then, the dosages are questionable and they also make use of a lot of artificial ingredients particularly coloring agents. It also has quite the price tag at almost $100 dollars per month. That is just too expensive for something that works at a moderate level. If you want something safer and more transparent there’s always Herbolab Tongkat Ali which uses only one ingredient but is potent enough to work overall. It won’t cost you as much too.