About TEST Powder
TEST Powder is made by USP Labs, the same company who created the popular Jack3D, one of the leading preworkout supplements in the market today. We did some preliminary research on USP Labs and it turns out the product has been discontinued over a series of bad customer feedback. We wondered what went wrong since the formula itself looks decent enough.
Despite the bad feedback, we’re going to give TEST Powder the benefit of the doubt since USP Labs is a company capable of producing high quality supplements. Check it out and see if we agree on the points made in our analysis.
- Serving size: 2 scoops (10 g)
- Serving per container: 24
- D-Aspartic Acid – 3120 mg
- Agmatine Sulfate – 1000 mg
- Mucuna Pruriens (Seed) Extract 200 mg
Modulate Proprietary Blend – 4005 mg
Trimethylglycine, L-Carnitine Tartrate, Aframomum Melegueta (Seed) Extract, Garcinia Mangostana (Standardized for Gamma-Mangostin) (Fruit Peel) Extract.
Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Silicon Dioxide, Acesulfame-K, Sucralose
First of all this is one of those testosterone boosters that strays from the use of capsules or tablets for their product. This is usually a normal move for PWOs or protein shakes but this might not be an appealing thing for consumers of TEST Powder simply because of the taste and most customers can only complain so much.
Let’s discuss the ingredients included in one decent 10 g scoop.
- DAA. One of the best testosterone boosters out there. The dosage is also spot on at 3,000 mg.
- Agmatine Sulfate. An amino acid and metabolite of L-Arginine so they must have added it for improving vasodilation. It functions more as a nootropic, though. It also requires at least 1,300 mg to work.
- Mucuna Pruriens. A good testosterone booster that best works on infertile men much like Zinc.
Modulate Proprietary Blend
- Trimethylglycine. Performance enhancer and muscle builder better known as Betaine.
- L-Carnitine Tartrate. Performance enhancer and improves power output.
- Aframomum Melegueta. Has anti-estrogenic properties and is potentially able to boost testosterone.
- Garcinia Mangostana. Ingredient added probably for its antioxidant effect.
There’s not much to say about this formulation except that it’s a potent testosterone booster but we’re going to hold back on the pumps and power output since TEST Powder makes use of a prop blend. We can assume it could function as a muscle pumper but not as strong as actual preworkouts but we’re definitely handing it the testosterone booster award.
Who should use it
It’s definitely a product aimed at fitness buffs who are looking to use something “new” without getting in the way of their usual stacks. The testosterone boost is there but if they want their market to appreciate the product they better stack it with a good NO booster.
Researching side effects, the product seems to be causing major acne breakouts, stomach aches, and even moderate to crazy forms of diarrhea shortly after intake. Others even found difficulty in sleeping as well as massive hair loss.
Pricing & Buying info
- 240 g (24 servings): $37 – $45 on select retail stores.
TEST Powder Alternatives
TEST Powder is a product that’s guaranteed to work on testosterone and provide a mild boost, at most, for your lifts. But given the steep price for only 24 servings, you are definitely better off with other products.
We also found out that USP Labs was recently charged with fraud on claims of using natural extracts on some of their products when they were really using synthetic stimulants made in a Chinese factory. They also mislead the consumer by saying it has “48 loaded scoops” when in reality it doesn’t even have 30 days. USP Labs also seemed to have discontinued this product and we think it’s due to the side effects associated with it.
With all that was said, we would rather recommend a decent product like Tongkat Ali Extract by Herbolab. No prop blends, no synthetics, no false advertising, just a good product with no strings attached.